Things that are true after losing a large amount of weight and keeping it off for about-to-be four years:
1) If you can’t stand being hungry ever, you will fail.
2) The best way to resist temptation is to not have it to hand.
3) Have a cheat day, but never cheat any other time.
4) Don’t lie to yourself. Self-delusion is easy. “Oh, just this once” or “It’s a special occasion.” No. Just no.
5) If you do slip, don’t give up. Mistakes are human. Not quitting is what elevates one beyond that.
That said as I’ve noted before, you will probably fail just looking at the stats. I know myself really well and knew that I could do it. And so I did.
However, I tend to prosper in environments with large numbers of people and even the entire social milieu telling me that I cannot do something, and that I will fail.
Statistically, the odds are against you. However, statistics only matter if you aren’t me.
Why yes, I can be a little arrogant at times.