Things that the Firefox developers have done to attempt to ruin their browser. These are all items and needed features that the developers have taken away and/or added that make the browser much worse.
1) Removed the status bar. I use this EVERY FIVE SECONDS. Why the fucking hell would you ever fucking remove the status bar. FUCK. Can you tell how angry this makes me? I added it back with an extension.
2) The “AwesomeBar.” Not very awesome. I don’t disable it any longer as it’s not as incredibly slow as it was, but I don’t really use it. I have over 5,000 bookmarks. How does this help me?
3) Made the last tab closed close the whole window. Why would you ever, ever want this?
4) Hidden the entire URL, and the protocol. Again, information that I use about every five seconds.
5) Tabs on top. I no longer disable this, but I don’t really like it. They get in the way too often. Still, fighting against an idiotic trend can only go on so long, so I’ve stopped fighting it.
6) Monkeying with the SSL indications. The yellow bar and lock icon was a much clearer indication than whatever the hell is going on now. I change this right away.
7) Not allowing access to sites at all if the SSL cert mismatches. I can fucking well decide which sites I want to go to on my own, thank you very much.
8) Considered removing tab support altogether. I have never dreamed of becoming a terrorist, but if there is one thing that could lead me to it, it would be this.
9) Made all the icons grey and bland so you cannot tell them apart. Why is this a trend? This makes everything worse. Flat design is terrible.
10) Automatically unloaded images, and/or dynamically load them. Wow, make everything seem slow, all the time. Great damn idea, just great.
11) Merged the buttons. I change it right away, so I hardly remember what is merged, but I think the stop and reload button are merged, and maybe the back/forward buttons. Those are separate buttons for a reason.
12) Don’t load tabs until they are clicked on a restart. Another way to make everything seem slow unnecessarily. Why, just why? Disabled immediately.
13) Using the D2D acceleration in Windows that makes the fonts blurry. For some reason, Microsoft chose to start partially emulating the blurry font rendering on the Mac. I also disable this immediately as with the setting on, I can only read for 5-10 minutes before I start getting a headache.
All of this I guess is an attempt to make the browser more idiot-proof, but this never works as the idiots go drink some more idiot potion and the status quo is maintained.
What it really does is make Firefox harder to use for people who actually know what they are doing and who use their browser for more than just playing.