Speak for yourself. I now don’t like or find the music mostly unlistenable that I enjoyed as a teenager. For instance, my favorite song in 1992 was probably “Alive” by Pearl Jam. I can’t listen to that song at all anymore and it has no nostalgic memories for me either way.
Sure, there are exceptions, like Tori Amos and Mazzy Star and a few others, but for the most part, I don’t listen to much of the music I did as a teenager, and to the extent that I do, I don’t listen to it often and I wouldn’t count any of my favorite songs from then as favorites now.
My 10 favorite songs at the moment:
1) Saint Claude – Christine and the Queens
2) Biscuits – Kacey Musgraves
3) Lo Boob Oscillator – Stereolab
4) Walk With Me – Lisa Mitchell
5) Boom Clap – Charli XCX
6) Planets – Kate Rusby
7) 100 Black Coffins – Rick Ross
8) Tennis Court – Lorde
9) Sarah – Kate Miller-Heidke
10) Bodaich Odhar Hoghaigearraidh – Julie Fowlis
Not much that is very old on that list, which is typical of me. I get tired of songs and never want to hear them again — or at least not for a very long time.